CASEIN


What is casein and where are they?

Casein is a milk protein and is the predominant percentage of protein extracted from milk. Milk protein such as casein can only be found in milk from mammals and dairy products. In our diet, the largest source of casein is from cow's milk, where the protein in foods such as cheese, cottage cheese and quark is almost exclusively casein. The percentage is slightly lower in products such as milk, filet and yoghurt, but still about 75% where the remaining about 25% is whey protein. When you supply the body with casein, a kind of similar gel is created which is then slowly taken up by the body and flows out into your bloodstream in the form of amino acids. Thanks to the slower absorption, your muscles get an even access to amino acids for a longer time and the muscle building gets a longer maintenance compared to, for example, if you eat whey protein.

What is the difference between casein and whey?

The difference between the two varieties is how long they stimulate the building of your muscles. The rapid uptake process of whey gives effect to protein synthesis while casein slow uptake contributes to a better balance between building and breaking down muscle tissue. This is because the two varieties consist of different compositions of the amino acids where casein contains less leucine than whey protein. It can be said that they become each other's counterparts and work together to achieve a better result in the process.


What does Casein Do?

When a protein is ingested, amino acids are released in the stomach which are picked up by the bloodstream and transport these to the body's muscles. With amino acids as a form of building blocks, there is a muscle building and to some extent a muscle breakdown, but a dietary supplement such as casein helps to maintain a good balance between the two processes. It is a good dietary supplement that works as an excellent complement to a varied diet and helps you achieve the desired results in your training and weight loss journey. Casein is classified as a complete protein, which means that a casein protein powder gives you all the amino acids your muscles need to stimulate muscle tissue and its structure.


When and how do I use Casein?

To achieve the effect, it is beneficial to consume at least 20 grams of protein per occasion (applies to most proteins) so make sure that it is present in your main protein source in your diet during the day, as well as in meals and in your snacks. If you want to increase your protein intake for a period, you can advantageously eat a dietary supplement such as casein powder instead of, for example, whey because casein has a slow absorption capacity and thus lasts longer than whey which is consumed faster by the body and where the effect is over in a few hours. If you exercise hard, you can also take casein to counteract muscle breakdown at night or if you know that they will be delayed between occasions where you can eat some form of meal. It can help with hunger and gives you a feeling of satiety that makes you feel full and satisfied longer. Which can make it easier if you go on a temporary diet, have problems with cravings for sweets or want to maintain your current weight.


Something good without sugar?

Sometimes the craving for sweets strikes, so maybe you want the luxury of it one night a week? Then you can use our casein powder to mix good protein shakes, in the morning porridge or why not a creamy protein pudding. Just adjust the amount of liquid to get the desired consistency of, for example, pudding or porridge.

If you want help finding which of our products suits you and your dice. Do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to help.