Casein Aware 700g
✅ Adds protein to your muscles for several hours
✅ Helps you build and recover muscle
< meta charset = "utf-8"> ✅ Helps keep protein synthesis up all night
✅ Great taste of Cookies & Cream
NOTE:Dietary supplements should not be used as an alternative to a varied and balanced diet.
Keep out of reach of small children and the recommended dose should not be exceeded.
Allergy information:Contains a source of phenylalanine, milk protein and lactose.
Storage:AWARE CASEIN should be stored in a dry, cool and room temperature environment.
Best before:See date on packaging. Opened packaging should be consumed within 6 months.
What is casein?
Casein is a milk protein and is the predominant percentage of protein extracted from milk. From the milk's protein, about 80% consists of casein and the remaining whey. When you supply the body with casein, a kind of similar gel is created which is then slowly taken up by the body and flows out into your bloodstream in the form of amino acids. Thanks to the slower absorption, your muscles get an even access to amino acids for a longer time and the muscle building gets a longer maintenance compared to, for example, if you eat whey protein. Casein is classified as a complete protein, which means that a casein protein powder gives you all the amino acids your muscles need to stimulate muscle tissue and its structure.
Where is casein?
Milk protein such as casein can only be found in milk from mammals and dairy products. In our diet, the largest source of casein is from cow's milk, where the protein in foods such as cheese, cottage cheese and quark is almost exclusively casein. The percentage is slightly lower in products such as milk, filet and yoghurt, but still about 75% where the remaining about 25% is whey protein.
Difference between casein and whey?
As you read earlier in the text, there is a big difference in how long the two varieties stimulate the building of your muscles and become in a way opposites of each other. The rapid uptake process of whey gives effect to protein synthesis while casein slow uptake contributes to a better balance between building and breaking down muscle tissue. This is because the two varieties consist of different compositions of the amino acids where casein contains less leucine than whey protein.
What does Casein do?
With a intake of protein, amino acids are released in the stomach which are picked up by the bloodstream and transport these to the muscles of the body. With amino acids as a form of building blocks, there is a muscle building and to some extent a muscle breakdown, but a dietary supplement such as casein helps to maintain a good balance between the two processes. It is a good dietary supplement that works as an excellent complement to a varied diet and helps you achieve the desired results in your training and weight loss journey.
When and how do I use casein?
Casein protein can be ingested in the same way as other protein powders on the market and food products. To achieve effect, it is beneficial to consume at least 20 grams of protein per occasion (applies to most proteins) so to easily achieve that level, you can advantageously ensure that it is present in your main protein source in your diet during the day, as well as in meals and in your snacks. If you want to increase your protein intake for a period, you can advantageously eat a dietary supplement such as casein powder instead of, for example, whey because casein has a slow absorption capacity and thus lasts longer than whey which is consumed faster by the body and where the effect is over in a few hours. If you exercise hard, you can also take casein to counteract muscle breakdown at night or if you know that they will be delayed between occasions where you can eat some form of meal. It can help with hunger and gives you a feeling of satiety that makes you feel full and satisfied longer. Which can make it easier if you go on a temporary diet, have problems with cravings for sweets or want to maintain your current weight.
A good addition
Casein protein works great for mixing good protein shakes, in the morning porridge or why not a creamy protein pudding. Just adjust the amount of liquid to get the desired consistency of, for example, pudding or porridge.
For more tips on recipes or help with choosing which dietary supplement is right for you and your training, you can contact us and we will help you in the best way.
Nutritional Value Per: 100 g / Portion (30 g) Energy: 337kcal / 1431kJ / 101 kcal / 429kJ Fat: 3.3g / 1g Of which saturated fat: 1.9g / 0.6 g Carbohydrates: 5g / 1.5 g Of which sugars: 5g / 1.5g Protein: 72g / 21.6 g Salt: 1.3g / 0.4g